Hoisin Miso Barbecue Spareribs
- 1 rack pork spareribs
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 0.5 cup white miso
- 0.125 cup soy sauce
- 0.125 cup honey
- 0.125 cup Dry Sherry or sake
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Chinese chili sauce (Sambal Olek)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons Orange Zest, minced(plus the juice from the entire orange)
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Transfer, label and store refrigerated until needed.
- Take the spare rib from the package and rinse it off. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Using about one cup of the sauce, rub it all over the spare rib and cover it with plastic wrap. Let marinate for at least a day, two is better.
- Pre heat the oven to 300 degrees and place the rib on a baking tray, and bake for 2-3 hours, or until the meat is very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Turn the broiler on and begin the process of glazing the rib with the remaining sauce and letting the broiler lightly caramelize and char the rib. Be very careful at this point, as it will burn very easily.
- Once the rib is nicely glazed, remove. Let stand for a few minutes, slice the ribs, and garnish with sliced green onions.