Miso Tofu With Soba
- 1 package Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Japanese Eggplant
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil or Neutral-Flavored Oil
- 3 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 1 package Soba Noodles
- 1 unit Pickled Vegetables
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drain then cut tofu into ½” thick rectangles. Press under a plate or cutting board to remove excess water.
3. Wash and dry eggplant, then slice into wedges about ½” thick. Slice wedges into quarters, lengthwise.
4. Mix miso paste and oil in a small bowl, creating a thick sauce-like texture. If available, you can feel free to add a splash of shoyu and/or rice wine vinegar too.
5. Spread tofu and eggplant onto cookie sheet and generously brush miso mixture onto both sides. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Prepare soba noodles according to package directions.
7. Assemble bowls of soba and roasted tofu and eggplant. Top with pickled vegetables of your choice.
Optional: top with furikake and/or chili oil too!