Definitely a local favorite, this recipe for Mochiko Chicken is mouth wateringly delicious!
- Mochiko Batter
- 4 tablespoons mochiko flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 0.5 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 0.25 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- Chicken Preparation
- 2 pounds deboned chicken thighs
- oil for frying
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces (or slightly larger).
- In a bowl, mix together mochiko batter ingredients.
- Marinate chicken for 5 to 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Fry in hot oil (350F), about 1 inch deep, until thoroughly cooked (165F) and golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot or cold.
YOUR OWN NOTES