“Orange chicken is one of my favorite go-to dishes – sweet, tangy and crispy all in one! When I found out how easy it was to make this recipe, I knew I had to try it with Foodland's Maikaʻi Orange Chicken sauce.” - Cheyenne G., Foodland Ambassador Instagram: @cheymightbe
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 1 egg
- 0.5 cup cornstarch
- 0.5 cup flour
- 1 Maika'i Orange Chicken Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Put chopped chicken pieces into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow medium-sized bowl, beat the egg, salt, pepper and a tablespoon of oil together and set aside.
- In another shallow medium-sized bowl, stir together the cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a wok to 375 degrees.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture then into cornstarch and flour mixture. Shake off any excess cornstarch and flour.
- Add chicken to wok in small batches and fry until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Remove chicken from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Transfer cooked chicken into a large bowl and pour orange chicken sauce onto chicken. Mix gently to coat the chicken evenly.
YOUR OWN NOTES