A classic made easy
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 8 eggs
- Heat water in a large saucepan over medium heat until almost boiling.
- Add vinegar.
- Swirl the water to get it moving.
- Crack eggs into 4 small cups and slide one by one from the cup into the simmering, swirling water.
- Maintain the water just below a simmer, reducing the heat to low if necessary.
- Cook until the whites are set and the centers are still soft.
- You may remove them and cool in tap water.
- Just before serving, reheat in simmering water for 1 minute and drain excess water.
YOUR OWN NOTES