- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork butt, belly or shoulder, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces, pat dry
- 0.5 cup distilled vinegar
- 0.333333 cup water
- 0.333333 cup shoyu
- 0.5 head of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1.5 teaspoons Whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- In a thick gauge pot, heat to medium high. Add in the oil and brown the pork in batches.
- When the meat is browned, combine with the rest of the ingredients in the pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer.
- Cover and then continue to simmer (approximately 40 minutes) until the meat is tender.
- You may serve as is or slightly thicken the sauce with a little slurry of cornstarch and water.