Anything in the Fridge Pasta
- 12 ounces spaghetti or linguini
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs like parsley, basil, rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 0.25 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1 wedge of parmesan
- 3 anchovy (optional)
- 0.25 cup peas (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente (approximately 8 minutes); reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain the pasta and reserve.
- In same pot, heat oil over medium. Add garlic, herbs, and red-pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until garlic is golden, 1 to 3 minutes. Add in your fun items (diced tomato, peas, anchovies, etc.)
- Remove from heat; return pasta to pot. Zest the lemon skin into the pasta and then cut the lemon in half and squeeze in the juice. Adjust consistency with the reserved pasta water.
- Finish with salt, pepper, and freshly grated parmesan.