Kabocha with Soy Ginger Glaze
- 1 thumb sized piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 green onions
- 0.25 cup dashi or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 0.5 medium kabocha pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into ½-3/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon yuzu juice or mixture of ½ lemon juice and lime juice
- Heat a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Combine all the ingredients except the green onion and pumpkin and bring to a simmer.
- Add kabocha and half the green onions and cook 4 minutes, turn the pieces and cook 4 more minutes. Continue to simmer until the pumpkin is tender and the sauce has reduced to a glaze.
- Serve on a platter, drizzle the remaining sauce over the pumpkin. Finish with the remaining half of the green onions and drizzle with the yuzu or lemon lime juice.