Prosciutto and Tomato Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices crusty, artesian bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, sliced
- 2 fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Butter only one side of each slice of bread.
- Take one slice of bread and lay it buttered side down.
- Build up the sandwich with the mozzarella, prosciutto, tomato, basil, and pesto.
- Top with the second slice of bread (buttered side up).
- Heat a pan to medium heat.
- Add in the oil.
- Carefully lay in the sandwich and cook, browning each side (about 3 minutes).
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy.