- 16 ounces mochiko flour
- 1 cup Maika'i Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 cups water
- Heat cooking oil in a non-stick pot to 350F. While the oil is heating up, mix the batter.
- To a large bowl add mochiko flour, sugar, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix to combine
- Gradually add the water until you have a thick batter that resembles muffin batter. Do not add all the water at once. If your batter is too thick, add water 1-2 tablespoons at a time until desired thickness.
- Once the oil has heated up, start frying the mochi. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the batter into the oil. Fry for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet or on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Cool slightly and ENJOY!