Loaded "Smashed" Potatoes
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons Bacon bits
- salt & pepper
- Neutral Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Rinse potatoes
3. In a bowl, coat potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake potatoes for ~30-45min. Use a toothpick or chopstick to poke the potatoes to see if it’s cooked all the way. There shouldn’t be any resistance.
5. Smash the potatoes with the back of a measuring cup, large spoon, or small plate.
6. Top with unsalted butter, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and bacon bits.
7. Optional: Garnish with parsley.