Roy’s Curry Roasted Game Hen with Fried Garlic Rice
- Game Hen
- 1 game hen
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 0.5 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Fried Garlic Rice
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 10 fresh basil, chopped
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce
- Combine all ingredients together and marinate game hen for 1 hour, turning occasionally so that all sides are coated with ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place game breast side up in a roasting pan with marinade and bake for 40 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and fried garlic rice.
- For extra flavor stuff hen with rice and 1 Tbsp. of butter before cooking.
Fried Garlic Rice
- Heat a wok or large sauté pan. Add sesame oil, garlic and ginger
- Fry garlic and ginger until golden brown and crispy.
- Quickly add in ride and break apart with spoon until it is coated with the garlic oil mixture. Note: To prevent garlic from burning you may remove the pan from heat while you are mixing the rice.
- After garlic is well incorporated add cilantro, green onions, basil and fish sauce and combine well until all the rice is coated.