Roy's Lobster & Shrimp Risotto
- Using a heavy bottomed, large sauce pan, melt butter on medium low heat with Maui onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add Italian rice and 1 cup of the stock.
- Stir until all stock is incorporated into the rice.
- Add 2 more cups of the stock and stir occasionally so that the rice does not stick.
- After the stock is incorporated into rice add last cup of stock and stir occasionally.
- Rice will now be thick and creamy after all of the stock is incorporated into the rice, but the rice will still be a little “crunchy”.
- Add white wine, cream, asparagus, peas, shrimp and lobster.
- Stir constantly until seafood is cooked.
- Sprinkle on tarragon or basil, add cheese, salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with truffle or flavored olive oil.
Italian rice should be served when it is still slightly al dente.