Sage Rosemary Pesto Turkey
- olive oil as needed
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup sage, choped
- 1 cup rosemary, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 whole turkey
- Place garlic, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper in a food processor and blend.
- Add in the oil in a steady stream until you have a smooth paste.
- Season the turkey cavity with salt and pepper.
- Rub the turkey with the pesto all over the body and in the cavity. Reserve some pesto for finishing.
- Let turkey sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Place the turkey on a roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey, basting every ½ hour for approximately 4-4 ½ hours for a 14 lb. turkey. Using the meat thermometer, test the thigh of the turkey for doneness at 180°.
- Let the turkey rest for 20 minutes and rub on extra pesto before carving.
- Serve with pesto on the side.