Roy's Lobster & Shrimp Risotto
- 0.5 cup unsalted butter
- 0.5 Maui onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 cup local Hamakua mushrooms
- 2 cups Italian rice (it will say it is to be used for Risotto)
- 4 cups lobster stock or chicken stock
- 0.5 cup white wine
- 1 bunch asparagus, tips only, cut 1 inch long
- 0.5 cup fresh sweet peas, hulled
- 12 large shrimp, shelled & deveined, cut lengthwise
- 2 8 oz. lobster tails, meat only, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon or basil, chopped
- Goat Cheese or a Parmesan Assagio blend
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil or a flavored olive oil such as boletus
- Using a heavy bottomed, large sauce pan, melt butter on medium low heat with Maui onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add Italian rice and 1 cup of the stock.
- Stir until all stock is incorporated into the rice.
- Add 2 more cups of the stock and stir occasionally so that the rice does not stick.
- After the stock is incorporated into rice add last cup of stock and stir occasionally.
- Rice will now be thick and creamy after all of the stock is incorporated into the rice, but the rice will still be a little “crunchy”.
- Add white wine, cream, asparagus, peas, shrimp and lobster.
- Stir constantly until seafood is cooked.
- Sprinkle on tarragon or basil, add cheese, salt and pepper to taste, then drizzle with truffle or flavored olive oil.