Seared Spicy Ahi Poke
- 8 ounces ahi block, seasoned and flash seared, diced 1/2"
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Maui onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon masago
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon pickled ginger, finely chopped
- sesame oil to taste
- Hawaiian salt to taste
- Garlic Ahi
- 4 ahi filet(4-5 ounces each, 3/4 inch thick)
- 4 clovess garlic(minced)
- 2 teaspoonss soy sauce
- 2 tablespoonss green onion slices
- 1/4 lemon(optional)
- garlic salt(to taste)
- vegetable oil(for frying)
- Pat the ahi filet dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides evenly with garlic salt.
- Heat a pan with a ¼ inch layer of vegetable oil to on medium-high heat.
- Fry the ahi in batches, approximately 2 minutes per side. (if you want your ahi on the rare side, increase the heat, and drop the cooking time by half on each side.)
- Place the Ahi on a plate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add in the chopped garlic. Allow the garlic to sizzle for 1 minute.
- Pour the garlic and oil over the ahi.
- Drizzle the ahi with the shoyu and sprinkle over with the green onion slices.
- Optional: Squeeze a lemon on top of the ahi.