Shiitake Lup Cheong Stuffing
- 3 bacon, diced
- 4 lup cheong, sliced 1/8"
- 0.25 pound ground pork
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced 1/8"
- 1 onion, diced 1/8"
- 0.5 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 diced stuffed bread, 13 oz.
- 0.25 pound Butter
- 3 cups turkey broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauté pan, sweat bacon, lup cheong and ground pork
- When cooked through, add in mushrooms, onion and celery.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, green onions and water chestnuts.
- Add cooked ingredients (fat and all) to the bread crumbs and fold.
- Moisten with butter and broth to taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven-proof pan, cover with foil and bake at 325˚ for 45 minutes.