- 4 pounds chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 12 clovess garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 4-inch piece ginger, sliced 1/8 to 1/16 inch thick, long ways
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoonss water
- green onions for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch and green onions in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low and cook very slowly, covered, until chicken is tender, about 30 to 35 minutes more. Continue to skim the broth for fat and impurities.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small mixing bowl and mix well, so there are no clumps.
- Strain the sauce, add in cornstarch slurry, and bring to a boil to thicken.
- Glaze over the chicken. Garnish with slices of green onion.