Shrimp Salad with Feta Cheese and Candied Garlic
- 0.333333 cup garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 16 large shrimp
- 4 cups mixed greens (your preference)
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 16 Nicoise or Kalamata olives
- 16 small grapes or teardrop tomatoes
- Place 1/3 cup garlic, 1 cup white wine, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tbl. butter in a small sauce pan and slowly cook over low heat until the liquid becomes syrupy (about 10 minutes).
- If necessary, remove the garlic while finishing the reduction of the liquid. The garlic should be tender without being mushy.
- Keep liquid warm in a double boiler.
- Combine 1 tsp. sherry wine vinegar, 2 tbl. olive oil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. fresh ground white pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk until the mixture no longer separates when allowed to stand for several minutes.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sear or grill until cooked.
- Gently toss 4 cups of mixed greens with dressing and 2 oz. of feta cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Divide between serving plates and arrange 4 shrimp, 4 olives and 4 tomatoes around the plate.
- Scatter candied garlic over the greens and drizzle the warm syrup over the salad.