Tomato Horseradish Bisque with Parmesan Crisps
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 can 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 10 fresh basil
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons or 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons or 4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt and peper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in bay leaves, all tomato products and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream, milk, and herbs. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in horseradish, Worcestershire Sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Puree soup in a blender, then stain through a sieve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick Silpat liner.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in a thin layer on the prepared baking sheet, so it covers most of the pan.
- Bake until cheese melts and barely begins to turn darker, about 5-7 minutes. Watch closely to make sure the crisps don’t burn.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Break into chips, serve with Tomato Horseradish Bisque.