Warm Peaches & Pound Cake à la mode
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 0.25 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups peeled wedges of peaches (may substitute any stone fruits, such as plums, nectarines, pluots, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- Gran Marnier as needed
- 4 slices pound cake or short cake or sweet biscuits
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When it starts to bubble, add brown sugar, stone fruit, and ginger, tossing slightly to coat. Cook until fruit is softened and juices are released, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Add in a dash of Gran Marnier.
- Toast pound cake until warm and slightly golden, about 2 minutes.
- Put a cake slice into each of 4 bowls and top with ice cream and the warm fruit.
- Serve immediately.