- 8 ounces Rice sticks labeled for Pancit Bihon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded 1/8 inch thick
- 1 1 medium size carrot shredded 1/8 inch thick
- 1 pound small shrimp 31/35 size, peeled and deveined
- 3 chicken thighs or drumsticks cooked and shredded
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 0.5 lemon, juiced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions, 1 inch thick
- Optional Garnishes
- lemon wedges
- chopped scallions
- Heat a large wok or sauté pan to medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Stir fry the garlic and onions until the onions turn clear. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add cabbage and carrots and cook until wilted.
- Add the shredded chicken pieces and shrimp (if using). Lightly stir fry 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture onto a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the chicken stock into the heated wok. Once it starts boiling, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add rice sticks, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Boil for another 5 minutes or so until there is approximately 1/4 cup stock left.
- Add the meat mixture back into the wok. Lightly toss until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste, lemon juice and sliced green onions.