Adobo Pork Ribs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds pork ribs, cut into single ribs
- 0.5 cup distilled vinegar
- 0.5 cup water
- 0.333333 cup shoyu
- 0.5 head of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- In a thick gauge pot, heat to medium high. Add in the oil and brown the pork in batches.
- When the meat is browned, combine with the rest the rest of the ingredients in the pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer.
- Cover and then continue to simmer until the meat is tender approximately 30 minutes.
- If there is extra liquid, reduce it to a glaze. If the liquid happens to evaporate before the meat is tender, add in a little more water to moisten.
- Serve and garnish with sliced green onions and calamansi or lime wedges.