Apple Banana Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 5 very ripe apple bananas(mashed)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Cinnamon
- 0.5 cup walnuts(chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°f and spray nonstick/grease two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
- In a sperate bowl cream sugar and shortening together by hand or using electric mixer. Add eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla then mix well until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and gently fold to form a thick batter. Stir in walnuts making sure it’s mixed in evenly.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes and check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf. If toothpick emerges clean; bread is done.
- Let banana bread cool for a few minutes before serving.