Bacon & Mushroom Truffle Alfredo Pasta
- 4 bacon strips(thick cut)
- 0.5 jar of Maika'i Truffle Alfredo Sauce
- 1 package Maika’i Organic Bucatini pasta noodles
- 1 bag of Maitake mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic
- salt & pepper
- optional: parsley
- optional: chili flakes
- Break up the mushrooms into smaller pieces. Season with salt.
- Peel and smash 3 cloves of garlic.
- In a hot pan, drizzle oil and add the mushrooms. Sear the mushrooms on each side to get a nice golden brown color. Then add the cloves of garlic and baste the mushrooms with the oil from the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and add salt. Boil 1/2 of the pack of Maika'i Organic Bucatini Pasta Noodles until al dente. Drain the noodles and keep the pasta water.
- Chop the bacon into smaller pieces and mince 3 cloves of garlic.
- In the same pan you cooked the mushrooms, cook the bacon until golden brown. Add 1 tablespoon of garlic and sweat 10-20 seconds without burning. Add 1/2 of the jar of Maika'i Truffle Alfredo Sauce and mix well. If the sauce is too thick, add pasta water little by little to loosen.
- Add in the cooked Maika'i Organic Bucatini Pasta Noodles to the pan and toss until fully coated with the sauce.
- Plate the pasta and top with the maitake mushrooms. Garnish with finely chopped parsley and black pepper.
- Pick your favorite pasta, but we recommend using a thicker pasta so the sauce can easily coat the noodles.
- In the same pan you cooked the mushrooms, cook the bacon until golden brown.
- Top off your dish with chili flakes for added heat.