- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick of butter)
- 2 large local eggs
- 3 very ripe local bananas
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Gran Marnier or triple sec (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix in the vanilla, Gran Marnier and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and walnuts.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.