BBQ Pork Chops with Kochujang Sauce
- 4 bone-in pork chops(1/2 in. - 3/4 in. thick)
- 0.25 cup apple juice or mirin
- 0.125 cup shoyu
- sesame oil
- For Sauce
- 0.75 cup kochujang
- 0.5 cup ketchup
- 0.333333 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove(peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger(chopped)
- 1 cup water
- Combine the apple juice, shoyu and sesame oil. Place pork chops in a shallow pan. Pour the mixture over the pork chops and allow to marinate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- For the sauce, combine the sauce ingredients in a non reactive pan. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened like ketchup or BBQ sauce. Reserve.
- Heat a gas or wood grill to medium high heat. Grill on each side for approximately 5 minutes or until an internal temperature of 140, basting generously with sauce to create a sticky glaze. Reglaze before serving. Optional garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.