Shrimp and Asparagus with Chinese Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fermented black beans, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1 large garlic clove(peeled and chopped)
- 1 pound asparagus(trimmed of woody stem and sliced into 2 inch pieces on a bias)
- 1 pound large shrimp, 21/25 size(peeled and deveined)
- 1 dash shoyu
- sliced green onions(for garnish)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan.
- When the oil begins to lightly smoke, add in the black beans, ginger and garlic and allow to sizzle for 30 seconds.
- Add in the asparagus and toss, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add in the shrimp and toss until they are opaque, 2 minutes.
- Season with the shoyu and oyster sauce.
- Place on a platter and garnish with green onions.