Use cauliflower as a stand-in for rice! It's a wonderful low-carb alternative, plus it's easy to make!
- 1 head Cauliflower
- Remove the green leaves and any dark spots from the cauliflower.
- Cut off the florets and reserve.
- Cut the thick stems into small pieces approximately 1 ½ inches in size.
- In small batches, using a food processor its’ pulse function, chop the them stems until they are the size of rice grains.
- Repeat until all the stems are done.
- Continue with the florets, again processing to the size of rice grains. Note: the florets will go faster and break up easier.
- In a large pot, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil. Add in the cauliflower and cook until the water is evaporated. Season with salt.
- Use as a replacement for regular rice. It can be seasoned, stir fried, etc.
YOUR OWN NOTES