Chorizo Beer Steamed Mussels
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Chorizo Sausage
- 2 ounces shallots
- 2 ounces sundried tomato
- 24 ounces light beer
- 2 pounds green shell mussels
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place mussels in a bowl, wash and rinse under cold water to remove any debris and sand.
- Heat a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat. Remove the casing from the chorizo sausage and crumble into small pieces.
- Add chorizo into the sauce pot and cook until caramelized.
- Add the shallots and sundried tomato, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the light beer and bring to a boil. Reduce the light beer by half of its volume.
- Then, add the mussels, cover and steam for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer mussels and broth to a serving bowl and drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the steamed mussels.