Deep Fried Shoyu Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds Chicken Wings, thawed
- 2 cups potato starch
- 2 cups mirin(for more sweetness, add 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- toasted sesame seeds(optional)
- green onion(optional)
- Heat frying oil to 350 degrees.
- Dry chicken wings thoroughly and dredge in potato starch.
- Deep fry chicken wings in small batches.
- Allow chicken to cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring occasionally until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the mirin, shoyu, rice vinegar, and mix well.
- Remove chicken from oil and let the excess oil drain. Next, coat chicken in sauce for about 30 seconds to a minute to allow the flavor to be absorbed.
- Optional: Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and green onion.