Grilled BBQ Pork Belly
- Chef Jasper Manuel, Sous Chef
- 1 pound Pork Belly(1/2" thick slices)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Maika'i Apple Cider Vinegar
- 0.5 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons garlic(minced)
- 3 tablespoons Maika'i Coconut Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Maikai'i Olive Oil
- In a bowl or gallon Ziploc bag, combine Maika'i Apple Cider Vinegar, shoyu, garlic, Maika'i Peanut Butter Coconut and Maika'i Olive Oil. Mix ingredients together until everything is well blended.
- Add pork belly, coating each slice with marinade. Marinate pork belly for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- On a hot grill, place pork belly and grill one side for 2 minutes. Baste the top of the pork belly with left over marinade and flip over to the other side; grill until pork belly is fully cooked (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Transfer cooked pork belly to plate. Serve with warm rice and your favorite sides.