Misoyaki Beef Skewers
- 3 pounds London Broil
- 0.25 cup Miso Paste
- 0.5 cup mirin
- 0.5 cup Brown Sugar
- 0.25 cup soy sauce(reduced sodium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger(finely grated or minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic(minced)
- 1 bunch green onion
- toasted sesame seeds
- Soak 12 (4 to 6 inch) bamboo skewers in water for at least 1 hour.
- To make the marinade, combine the miso paste, mirin, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Pour the marinade into a large shallow dish. Set aside to cool.
- Cut London Broil steak into 2” long by ½” thick strips and add to the cooled marinade, stir to evenly coat, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut green onions into 2” long pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat grill.
- Thread 2 pieces steak and green onion, alternating, onto one end of each skewer.
- Grill the skewers until the steak is nicely browned and just a bit pink in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skewers to a plate and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. Serve.