Grilled Steak, Creamy Smashed Cucumbers and Sangria
- Grilled Steak
- 1.5 pounds flank steak(or Top Sirloin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ala'e or coarse sea salt(as needed)
- fresh ground pepper(as needed)
- garlic powder(as needed)
- onion powder(as needed)
- Smashed Cucumber Salad with Creamy Sesame Dressing
- 3 Japanese cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar(or more to taste)
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 dash toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 dollop mayonnaise
- Red Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle good quality red wine
- 0.333333 cup triple sec(gran marnier or cointreau)
- 1 cup brandy
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange(sliced)
- 1 lemon(sliced)
- 1 lime(sliced)
- 1 apple(sliced)
- 1 cup berries(your choice)
Grilled Flank Steak
- Prepare your grill according to fuel type, gas or wood.
- Season the steak with salt, garlic powder, onion, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill to desired temperature. 120F for medium rare.
- Allow the steak to rest 5-10 minutes. Slice on a bias, against the grain. Serve.
Smashed Cucumber Salad with Creamy Sesame Dressing
- Using a rolling pin or similar, smash the cucumbers just enough to bruise them.
- Break the cucumber up into bite size pieces. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, and toss.
- Adjust seasoning to preference.
Optional: garnish with more sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Red Wine Sangria
- Combine ingredients and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Serve in glasses with some of the fruit.