Oven-Braised Kalua Pork Mini Sliders
5 poundsBoneless Pork Butt
3 tablespoonsHawaiian salt
1⁄2 tablespoonliquid smoke
1 cupMaika’i Organic Everyday BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a sharp knife, make shallow slits 1” apart across the top and bottom of the pork butt.
- Rub the pork butt with the liquid smoke and Hawaiian salt. Massaging the seasoning into the slits.
- Wrap the pork butt in aluminum foil tightly and place in a roasting pan with 6 cups of water.
- Bake for 5 hours or until fork tender.
- Allow to cool for about 15-30 minutes before removing pork from the foil (Be cautious of the steam).
- Remove pork butt from foil, transfer to a bowl and shred using forks.
- Cut the Hawaiian rolls and toast them in the oven at 350F for about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix kalua pork with 1 cup of Maika’i Organic Everyday BBQ Sauce (you can add more if you’d like) and then stuff them between the toasted rolls. Serve.