Solving your dinner dilemma with Chef Keoni's Pork Guisantes (Pork and Peas) recipe. A classic Filipino dish for the whole family to enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, deseeded 1/2 inch strips
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 pounds pork butt, cut 1 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pan over medium heat add oil and sauté bell peppers for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add pork and cook until lightly browned for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce, water and bay leaf then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and continue to cook for about 20 to 30 minutes or until pork is fork tender and sauce is reduced.
- Add sweet peas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot over rice.
YOUR OWN NOTES