Pork Medallions Puerto Rican Style
- 1 Pork Tenderloin(cut into 1 1/2 in. thick medallions)
- 0.125 cup olive oil plus more for searing
- 2 cloves garlic(crush)
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 dash distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- For Sofrito Sauce
- 0.5 medium onion(cut into large chunks)
- 6 cloves garlic(peeled)
- 0.5 bunch cilantro(washed and roughly chopped)
- 1 ripe plum tomatoe(cored and cut into chunks)
- 0.5 red bell pepper(cored, seeded and roughly chopped)
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt(optional)
Directions for pork:
- Combine the pork, olive oil, garlic, oregano, vinegar, salt and pepper. Marinate overnight, at minimum 1 hour.
- Remove from the marinade and pat dry.
- Heat a heavy gauge skillet and add in 2 tablespoons olive oil. When the oil begins to smoke, add in the medallions. Flip them when they are golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Cook for another 3 minutes. Reserve.
Directions for Sofrito sauce:
- In a food processor, combine the onion, garlic, cilantro, tomato and bell pepper. Pulse until the mixture is evenly chopped and uniform.
- Blend in the olive oil and vinegar. Season to taste with salt.