Rigatoni with Portuguese Sausage and Peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Portuguese Sausage sliced bias
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced, assorted colors
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces tomatoes
- 0.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 pound dry rigatoni pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon fresh italian parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup grated low moisture mozzarella
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning, for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, onion, and cook for 4 minutes. Add in tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook until peppers are soft and tomatoes have burst their skins, 10 minutes.
- Fold in pasta and allow to heat through. Add in parsley and basil.
- Finish with a cup of grated low moisture mozzarella and the parmesan cheese.