Roasted Beet Poke
- 1 unit large beet
- 1 tablespoon fresh ogo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely sliced
- 2 teaspoons Inamona
- 1 teaspoon Alaea Salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 0.5 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°f and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Rub beet with vegetable oil evenly. Place beet on pan and into the oven.
- Roast beet for about an hour and check if it’s done by poking beet with toothpick or fork. (Toothpick will slide in smooth when cooked.)
- When beet is cooked, place in refrigerator to cool down.
- Once beet is cold, peel the beet and cut into 1 inch cubes then place in a mixing bowl. (Use gloves to peel and cut beet so hands don’t turn red.)
- Combine beets with ogo, green onions, inamona, alaea salt, chili flakes, macadamia nut oil, ginger and garlic.
- Make sure to mix until evenly incorporated and serve on a plate or bowl.