Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta
2 cupscherry or grape tomatoes
1⁄4 poundMaika`i Spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
2 teaspoonsminced garlic
3 tablespoonsolive oil
1 teaspoondried Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash and dry tomatoes. Cut in half.
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes with olive oil, minced garlic, Italian herbs and salt and pepper.
- On an oiled foil-lined sheet pan, spread tomatoes and add additional oil and seasoning left in from the mixing bowl.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven for about 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are shrunken and slightly charred.
- In a pot, boil water and add salt and spaghetti. Cook until pasta is al dente and drain.
- Add the cooked, drained pasta back to the cooking pot, add the roasted tomatoes, and gently toss over low heat. Make sure to add all the seasoned olive oil and tomato juices from the roasted tomatoes pan.
- Add cooked sausage, chicken, mushrooms, fresh chopped basil, etc., if desired.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.