Roy's Lakanilau Sushi Roll
3sushi nori sheets
3 ouncessukiyaki beef, thin sliced
3 cupssushi rice
headerCat's Lakanilau Sauce
1⁄3 cupblack and white sesame seeds, toasted
1 cupshiro miso
1 teaspoonSambal Oelek
1⁄2 tablespoonsoy sauce
1⁄2lemon, juiced and strained
headerSnow Crab Mix
3⁄4 cupssnow crab or good quality jumbo lump crab meat
2 teaspoonstobiko caviar
2 tablespoonsscallions, finely diced
1⁄2 teaspoonlemon juice
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
Cat's Lakanilau Sauce
- Ground sesame seeds in a blender until powder consistency is reached.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sesame seeds, shiro miso, sambal oelek, soy sauce, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Adjust ingredients to taste and to desired consistency.
- Thin with rice wine vinegar if needed.
Snow Crab Mix
- Squeeze all excess water out of crab and combine with ingredients.
- Consistency should be creamy, but not too wet.
Sushi Roll Assembly
- Place half sheet of nori horizontally in front of you.
- Cover nori with sushi rice and turn over.
- Place 1 oz. crab mix, 2 asparagus and 2 slices avocado down the center and roll.
- Top sushi roll with seasoned beef.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Shape each roll and cut into 8 pieces.
- Uncover the sushi and sear top of beef with propane torch till medium- medium rare.
- Sauce the top of the roll with Lakanilau sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.