Seared Togarashi Spiced Ahi with Watercress and Blood Orange Salad
- 2 5 ounce Ahi blocks
- 1 tablespoon Togarashi
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 cups Aiea Watercress(2 inch cuts)
- 2 Blood Orange or Navel Orange(juice and segments)
- 1/4 cup Sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon Toasted sesame seeds
- Lightly dust 1 side of the ahi blocks with togarashi and a touch of Kosher salt.
- Pre heat a skillet to medium high heat add canola oil, pan should be lightly smoking.
- Sear only the side with togarashi, 1/4 way through.
- Using a very sharp knife slice into 1/2 inch sections.
- Combine watercress, orange segments, juice from oranges, sesame oil, sesame seeds and a touch of Kosher salt.
- Gently toss.
- Place the salad on a serving platter and shingle seared ahi on top.
- Drizzle ahi with remaining juices from salad and top with a few of the orange segments.