Sweet and Spicy Candied Chex Mix
- 7 ounces wheat chex cereal
- 6 ounces Maika'i Any Kine Mixed Nuts
- 4 ounces Maika'i Cajun Sesame Sticks
- 6 ounces Maika'i Candied Pecan Pieces or butter toffee peanuts
- 0.5 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil(or any neutral oil)
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon Salt
- 4 ounces unsalted butter(cut into 3/4 inch pieces)
- 0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- Cayenne Pepper(adjust to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 325F.
- In a heavy bottom medium pot (5qt), add corn syrup, sugar, oil, salt, and butter.
- Over low heat, stir until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Continue to boil for 1-1/2 minutes.
- Take off heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes until the bubbles subside. Gently stir in the baking soda and the cayenne pepper.
- In a large metal or glass bowl, pour in the cereal, mixed nuts, and cajun sesame sticks and mix well.
- Pour the hot syrup over the mixture. With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir well to combine.
- Place the contents onto an ungreased cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Pull out the tray and stir the chex mix well with a spatula, ensuring you lift off the syrup from the pan as you mix.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes and stir every 10 minutes.
- Gently scrape the mix out onto a clean, dry shallow bowl to cool. Add in candied pecan pieces.
- Stir the chex mix occasionally while cooling.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.