Taco Bell Peppers
3bell peppers (any color)
1 poundground pork, beef, turkey, chicken, or ‘veggie’ meat
1White onion (diced)
15 ouncescan of seasoned black beans (drained but not rinsed)
1 packagespicy taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash bell peppers and cut in half, cutting out ribs and removing seeds. Lay peppers onto an oiled baking dish.
- In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil on medium-high heat. Add diced onions to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the ground meat and continue to cook until the meat is browned. Mix taco seasoning with ½ cup of water in a small dish and add to the meat mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the beans and stir until combined. Remove from heat and spoon the mixture into the prepared bell pepper halves.
- Add ½ cup water to the bottom of the baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings like Mexican cheese, cilantro, and avocado.
Optional: Mexican cheese, cilantro and avocado.