Tropical Holiday Mendiants
- 0.25 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons dried mango(diced)
- 3 tablespoons crystallized ginger,(diced)
- 1 tablespoon dried apricots(diced)
- 2 tablespoons dried pineapples(diced)
- 1/3 cups pistachios
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips(or brand of your choice)
- vegetable oil or other neutral flavored oil
- maldon salt
- 12-15 cupcake liners
- Prep dried cranberries, apricots, pineapple and crystallized ginger for the Mendiants by using a sharp pair of kitchen scissors to cut into ¼ inch pieces. Mix the dried fruit and pistachios together and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, pour chocolate chips. Place bowl into the microwave and heat in 30-second increments, stir in between each increment until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add a drop of oil into the melted chocolate and mix together. Be sure to add in a couple drops at a time until you reach a consistency that resembles thick honey when lifting your spatula up.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into each cupcake liner.
- Sprinkle the dried fruits and nuts on top.
- Finish each disc with a very small pinch of salt.
- Allow Mendiants to cool in the refrigerator for about 5-10 minutes or set aside in a cool room.