“This dish is a crowd favorite, easy to prepare and healthy! It’s a perfect appetizer that brings that delicious restaurant taste to your table.” - Chef Tia Faumuina, Chef de Cuisine
- 12 ounces Medium-Firm Tofu
- 4 tablespoons Cornstarch or Potato Starch
- 4 ounces daikon
- 0.5 cup Somen Tsuyu
- 2 green onion(Stems)
1. Cut tofu into 4 equal pieces, lay on paper towel and allow to dry for 5 minutes.
2. Take tofu and roll in cornstarch till all sides are nicely coated.
3. Deep fry tofu pieces fully submerged once oil reaches 350 degrees, until lightly golden brown. Approx. 2 minutes.
4. Add tsuyu in a shallow bowl, add deep fried tofu on top of the sauce, add grated daikon and garnish with thinly sliced green onion.
*Daikon – Grate daikon then squeeze out extra liquid; place on top of tofu. *Additional garnish – grated ginger, Bonito flakes, or thinly sliced Nori.
YOUR OWN NOTES