Chicken & Waffles
- 1 package Maika’i Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil(plus more for frying)
- 6 chicken breast or thigh pieces
- 0.125 cup cornstarch
- 0.5 cup flour
- salt & pepper(to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix ingredients and 4 tbsp oil. Mix well until combined (it shouldn’t look airy).
- Add batter into pre-heated waffle maker for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a plastic bag, combine cornstarch, flour, (salt & pepper to taste, if desired) and chicken. Shake vigorously until all chicken is fully coated.
- In a saucepan, preheat your frying oil to 350°F over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil reaches temperature, carefully place chicken into oil and fry for one minute.
- Flip chicken and fry for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain oil.
- Top finished waffles with chicken, and drizzle with maple syrup or honey, if desired.