Crispy Sushi Rice Cakes with Spicy Ahi
- 1.5 cups medium calrose or short grain sushi rice(cooked)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 0.333333 pound Ahi(sushi grade, minced)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 dash shoyu
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 pinch green onion(finely minced)
- 0.5 teaspoon masago or tobiko
- vegetable oil(as needd)
- Combine the rice, vinegar and sugar. Mix well. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, combine the ahi, sriracha, mayonnaise, shoyu, sesame oil, green onion, masago and mix well.
- Take the chilled rice and form little cakes, approximately 1 inch in diameter by 1/2 inch in height.
- Heat a saute pan and add in a thin layer of oil. When the oil is hot and it ripples in the pan, add in a fe cakes.
- Pan fry on each side until they are golden brown. drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve the cakes with the spicy ahi on the side, or make individual servings, taking some ahi, placing it on the cake and garnishing with extra green onion and masago.