Chili Garlic Yaki Udon
For Chili Garlic Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, peeled
- 1/4 Bunch Green onions
- 2 Tablespoons Shoyu (Recommend Yamasa)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce (RecommendRed Boat)
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame seed, roasted
- 1/2 Tablespoon Red pepper powder
- 1/4 Tablespoon Black pepper
- 1 Small Carrot
- 1 Medium Long eggplant
- 1 Pack Nama Udon (Recommend Crown Noodle)
- 1/4 Cup Canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon Roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Crunchy Chili Carlic (RecommendS&B)
- 2 Tablespoons Green onions, sliced
- In a pot, boil 8 cups of water and lightly salt the water. This will be used later to cook the noodles.
- Mince the garlic and thinly slice the green onions to about 2mm in width.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the minced garlic and sliced green onions with the shoyu, fish sauce, sesame oil, clover honey, sesame seeds, red pepper powder and black pepper. Mix thoroughly and set this sauce mixture aside.
- Peel thecarrots and julienne them into matchstick-sized pieces. Next, cut the eggplantinto four equal-sized pieces and then into wedges or batons. Set these preparedvegetables aside.
- Remove the Nama Udon noodles from their packaging and separate them to ensure even cooking.
- Carefully add the Nama Udon noodles into the boiling water and stir to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Cook for 3 minutes, then strain the noodles. Be sure to reserve a small amount of cooking water (about ½ cup) for later use.
- Heat neutral oil in a large sauté pan or skillet over high heat. Add the julienned carrots and eggplant batons, sautéing them for about 1-2 minutes until the vegetables are slightly cooked.
- Immediately add the cooked Nama Udon noodles to the pan, followed by the chili garlic sauce and the reserved cooking water. Sauté and stir until the sauce coats the noodles thoroughly, which should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Turn offthe heat and carefully transfer the noodles and vegetables to a serving dish.
- Garnish the dish with chopped peanuts, crunchy chili garlic, and sliced green onions.Serve immediately.