Sausage and Macadamia Nut Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2 links Andouille sausage (casing removed)
- 2 pounds Cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove the stems. Finely dice the stems and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add diced steams and sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add sausage (without the casing). Cook for about 10 minutes, breaking up the sausage into small pieces. Then add chopped macadamia nuts and panko. Stir well to combine then turn off heat.
- Fill the mushrooms with sausage stuffing and place on a baking sheet. Let this bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully top mushrooms with shredded mozzarella cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish mushrooms with flat leaf parsley (optional) and more chopped nuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.